Saturday we went to Jonesboro to see her Aunt Andrea graduate from college. We had such a good time and MM was very good. It was pretty long, but as long as she had a bottle and a nap, she was all good! Chris, on the other hand, you can't take him anywhere! We weren't even in Jonesboro an hour when he slammed his hand in the bathroom door. It was hurting real bad, so when we got back into town, he went to the ER to get some x-rays. Turns out he has a hairline fracture in his right hand. If it's not one thing, it's another with the Hester family!
Sunday was a long day as well. We were gone for almost 7 hours and she did not fuss once! We tried to do all of our Christmas shopping in 1 day and go see Santa. Well, the line for Santa was almost 2 hours long, so after that I was pretty pooped. But MM did great. She even made friends with all the other kids in line. She was smiling and laughing at them. She didn't quite no what to make of Santa, but she didn't cry.
Today is has been 2 years since my Mom died. I have been really sad all day. I just keep thinking about how MM is not going to know her Grandma in person, only by stories we tell and pictures we show her. I know my Mom would have adored her. She always wanted me to have a little girl so we could have the kind of relationship that my Mom and I had. She was my very best friend. I just hope she gets to see MM grow up from heaven.
Love my Ducky!

Congrats Aunt Andrea!
Waiting in line to see Santa
Meeting Santa










1 comment:
I know that miss nancy is definitely smiling down on you both!!! She watches MM's every move and is so proud of the mom that she raised! i'll be thinking of ya over the holidays!! lots of love, amber
Post a Comment